Today's post is going to be short and sweet - literally, because today I have a little sweet treat recipe for you 😋 And since it's summer, this is really nice since it doesn't involve baking in a hot kitchen (yeah I was talking about you! I mean, who wants to stand in a hot kitchen with the hot oven baking you when you can do the same just going out in the sun?)
Anyway, today's treat is inspired by your favorite place on Earth - Disneyland! It also has a bit of Reese's peanut butter cup inspiration, too ;) No, I have never been to Disneyland although I do dream of it, but I've seen so many bloggers post their version of these treats online but to me, something was missing. And that something was the Reese's texture for the luscious peanut butter filling. So, I tweaked the recipe to make my very own imitation Disneyland Treat!
And I'd like to share it with you! (If you're the lazy kind, well I mean - don't be, but I do sell them locally. Click the image to be redirected to my sweet shop.)
Here's what you need:
For the Graham Cracker outside:
12 halved graham crackers (you can also use quarters if you want something a bit smaller just to grab)
1 bag milk or semisweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate bars of equivalent amount)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
Sprinkles, chocolate chips, cookie crunch for decorating (optional)
For the Peanut Butter Mixture inside:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ tbsp margarine
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over low flame (double boiler is good but I don't), stirring to melt it smooth. I usually know it's ready when it makes swirl tracks in the chocolate and drips quickly and smoothly when the spoon is lifted above the pot. It will look shiny.
- Dip each graham cracker half/quarter into the chocolate peanut butter mixture covering completely. Lay flat on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat for all graham crackers and place in freezer to harden.
- Next, mix all the ingredients for the peanut butter mixture filling in a stand mixer. You can add more graham cracker crumbs until you are happy with the texture (I usually do this). If you want it sweeter, you can also add more confectioner's sugar than called for in the recipe.
- When the graham crackers have hardened in the freezer, removed and place a little bit of the mixture onto each graham cracker. You can put as much or as little as you'd like - I mean, the more the merrier!
- Flatten out the mixture on top of each graham cracker.
- Finally, cover the graham crackers once again with the chocolate peanut butter mixture, covering the filling completely and sprinkle to your little heart's desire ;)
- Place the cookie sheet back in the freezer and let set.
And that's it! When you're ready to start the party, remove them from the freezer and serve! It will be a smashing hit!
Let me know in the comments below how you like these and include pictures, too!